Code of Conduct
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in the Sepsis Innovation Collaborative (SIC) a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socioeconomic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
SIC leaders and staff are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
SIC leaders and staff have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
This Code of Conduct applies within all SIC community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the SIC in public spaces (for example, representing the SIC include using an acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event).
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to email@example.com. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly. All SIC leaders and staff are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
SIC leaders and/or staff will follow these Community Impact Guidelines in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
- Action: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the SIC community.
- Consequence: A private, written warning from SIC leaders and/or staff, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A private or public apology may be requested.
- Action: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
- Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
- Temporary Ban
- Action: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
- Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the SIC community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
- Permanent Ban
- Action: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
- Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the SIC community.